CDL Route Delivery Truck Driver - CDL Truck Driver - Class A Delivery Driver - $22.50/hr
Location: Gilroy, California USA
Class A CDL Truck Driver - Local Grocery Delivery Driver - $22.50/hr
We are hiring for full time Route Truck Drivers to deliver grocery products by way of a 48’ trailer with a liftgate to grocery stores, supermarkets, mom and pop shops, etc. for one of the country’s largest food distributors. You will be working full time including weekends.
This local driving job is a full time, long term position that offers you base pay starting at $22.50/hr, with overtime. There is an extensive benefits package offered to ensure that our drivers get the best health insurance and incentives programs. A full list of benefits can be found below.
Here's what Jose from San Jose had to say about working with The Transportation Guys:
"I was having a hard time finding a job and a manager at a company gave me The Transportation Guy's number and told me to call them, they'd be able to help me. The Process was easy and I started work quickly."
- This is a full time local driving position, and you will be working 10+ hours a day including weekends.
- You will be pulling a 48' reefer trailer with a liftgate.
- About 75% of the freight is palletized, 25% of the freight will need to be broken down, for which you will be provided an electric pallet jack.
- Upon delivery, you will be responsible for checking the unloaded product, as well as obtaining any required signatures.
- Each day, you will perform and log thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and upon completion of route, check in returns to supervisor.
- You will enjoy working independently, quickly and efficiently, and will do what it takes to get the job done, while observing company policies and DOT safety regulations.
Salary and Benefits:
- Pay starting at $22.50/hr with overtime.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability (STD) & Long Term Disability (LTD)
The candidate we are looking for has integrity, good judgement, and honesty.
Good customer service skills are a MUST, as you will be the face of the company and who customers see every day. If a customer has a request or any returns, we take the time to satisfy their request.
- Minimum of 1 year truck driving experience within the last 2 years, route experience preferred.
- No more than 2 points on DMV record.
- Minimum 22 years of age.
- All job offers will be contingent on you passing a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 65 pounds.
- Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
We are a drug free workplace.
To Apply, Upload Your Resume Below
Type in your Phone Number for the fastest response to your resume, and please call us at (844) 300-1559 if you have any questions or need any help.
After you upload your resume, one of our Truck Driver specialists will contact you within one day to review your resume, complete your application and schedule your initial interview with us.
If this position is not a good fit for you and you would like to learn about others we are looking to fill with someone with your experience and needs, please call us at (844) 300-1559.
What one of our other drivers has to say:
"Called a few months before I relocated. Spoke to The Transportation Guys about positions in San Jose/Gilroy. They told me about some good jobs. Explained how I would need to be present as the process could go quick. She offered to send my file & application to the hiring manager. They were interested in interview when I got to town form out of state. All went according to plan, moving truck delivered our stuff, I had interview and drug screen and was working within days. Couldn’t have asked for a better transition. I appreciate it all." - Rick W... San Jose, CA, 10/2016
Some of The Companies We've Worked With
Aci Distribution Auto Glass • Interstate Oil Company • United Natural Foods • Vitro America, Inc. • Tecon Enterprises • Southwest Traders • Service Partners • Universal Recovery Corporation • Tony’s Fine Foods, Inc. Sierra Northern Railway • Kh Johnson & Associations • Java City • Leer West • Synergy Events • Scp Distributors Llc • Us Green Fiber, Llc • Simonton Windows • Southern Wine & Spirits Of America Inc. • Rh Dick Product Sign Supplies • Plastic Package, Inc. • Sacramento Wire Rope & Supply • Truck Accessories Group, Llc • Liberty Safes Of Sacramento • Pacific Paper Tube Inc • Pacific Housing, Inc. • United Cerebral Palsy Association • Omni Duct Systems • Glasscraft • Fence Supply Company • Hartung Glass • Cadco Rigging Products • Mast Hydrostatic Testing, Inc. • Phantom Fireworks • Uc Davis Medical Center • City Drayage • Adams Pool Specialties • Interstate Oil Company • Harding Glass • Ray Cammack “Shows Inc” • General Truss • Cts Advantage • Adams, Evens & Ross • Boales Investments, Inc. • Ibf Group • Hanswanger Mirror • Mobile Storage Group, Inc. • American Poly-Foam Co, Inc. • Northern Distribution Llc • Car Wash Technology • Kh Johnson & Associations Hanswanger Glass • Angel Warehouse, Inc. • Cal-Steam A Wolseley Company • Advanced Disposal • Nor-Cal Produce Inc • Hfs North America, Llc
Cameron Blvd, Gilroy, California 95020