Certified Diesel Mechanic – Diesel Technician
City/State: West Sacramento, CA
Diesel Mechanic Position now available. Must be a certified diesel mechanic.
The work week is Monday - Friday, working 8 hours a day, average 40 hours a week, starting 7AM - 8AM. This position pays $20.00-$21.00 per hour depending on diesel mechanic experience.
You will be performing basic maintenance and upkeep of a well-cared for existing private fleet of trucks. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service.
The work environment is steady paced, the quality of work produced is more important than how fast you complete the work.
This position is for the Sacramento region’s largest fuel distribution company, they have been around for the past 60 years, and are continuing to grow. The trucks that you will maintenance are carrying fuel, chemicals, and oil lubricants all over the region on a daily basis. Providing safe, top performing trucks to our driver team is the goal of this position.
Why Use The Transportation Guys:
We connect safe employees with some of the biggest names in the transportation business, that provide a full time schedule, and premier compensation & benefits. We work with only the most reputable of companies, so we can provide our employees with long term, stable careers with companies that treat them as part of the team, not just a number.
Here's what Andrew had to say about getting work and staying busy with The Transportation Guys:
"I really enjoyed speaking to Ms. Robyn. She was so friendly. I took an advertised certified diesel mechanic position and it went really fast. I come in the office to pick up my check and the girls are always so nice and ask me about the job. They ask me about my kids. I enjoy everyone I’ve worked with at TTG. I definitely think this was a great opportunity!" - Andrew N... Sacramento, CA, 5/2016
- 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- A valid drivers license is required
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a diesel mechanic to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The mechanic must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the diesel mechanic is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The technician is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
To Apply, Upload Your Resume Below
Type in your Phone Number for the fastest response to your resume, and please call us at (916) 760-7069 if you have any questions or need any help.
After you upload your resume, one of our recruiter specialists will contact you within one day to review your resume, complete your application and schedule your initial interview with us.
If this position is not a good fit for you and you would like to learn about others we are looking to fill with someone with your experience and needs, please call us at (916) 760-7069.
What one of our drivers have to say:
“I filled out an application online for The Transportation Guys. I got a call a few minutes later asking me if I wanted to work for them and I said yes. I felt welcome right away, the staff is always very friendly and I like that they are concerned for me as a person and make me feel comfortable. The Transportation Guys do a really good job!”
Mary S… Tracy, CA
Some Of The Companies We Work With
Aci Distribution Auto Glass • Interstate Oil Company • United Natural Foods • Vitro America, Inc. • Tecon Enterprises • Southwest Traders • Service Partners • Universal Recovery Corporation • Tony’s Fine Foods, Inc. Sierra Northern Railway • Kh Johnson & Associations • Java City • Leer West • Synergy Events • Scp Distributors Llc • Us Green Fiber, Llc • Simonton Windows • Southern Wine & Spirits Of America Inc. • Rh Dick Product Sign Supplies • Plastic Package, Inc. • Sacramento Wire Rope & Supply • Truck Accessories Group, Llc • Liberty Safes Of Sacramento • Pacific Paper Tube Inc • Pacific Housing, Inc. • United Cerebral Palsy Association • Omni Duct Systems Glasscraft • Fence Supply Company • Hartung Glass • Cadco Rigging Products • Mast Hydrostatic Testing, Inc. • Phantom Fireworks • Uc Davis Medical Center • City Drayage • Adams Pool Specialties • Interstate Oil Company • Harding Glass • Ray Cammack “Shows Inc” • General Truss Cts Advantage • Adams, Evens & Ross • Boales Investments, Inc. • Ibf Group Hanswanger Mirror • Mobile Storage Group, Inc. • American Poly-Foam Co, Inc. • Northern Distribution Llc • Car Wash Technology • Kh Johnson & Associations Hanswanger Glass • Angel Warehouse, Inc. • Cal-Steam A Wolseley Company • Advanced Disposal • Nor-Cal Produce Inc • Hfs North America, Llc