CDL A Truck Driver with Doubles - Class A Night Shuttle Truck Driver - $22.50/hour
Location: Gilroy, California
Job Title: Class A Night Shuttle Truck Driver - CDL A Truck Driver with Doubles - $22.50/hour
We are hiring for full time Shuttle Truck Drivers to shuttle double trailers for one of the country’s largest food distributors. You will be working 5 days a week, making 1-2 runs a day going to Reed and Back. Doubles endorsement and the ability to make and break a set of double trailers is required for this position.
This is a full time, long term position.
This position offers you base pay starting at $22.50/hr. There is an extensive benefits package offered to ensure that our drivers get the best health insurance and incentives programs. A full list of benefits can be found below.
Why Use The Transportation Guys:
The Transportation Guys main objective is to get you a local driving job for a company YOU want to work for, whether you are currently working or unemployed, and we work with hundreds of Trucking Companies, Private Fleets, and Third Party Logistic Carriers to do so. We know it’s not just about getting a job. It’s about people. It’s about taking care of and being with the ones you love. Because of this:
- We connect safe drivers to great companies with top pay, great benefits packages and quality equipment.
- Our Local CDL truck drivers enjoy steady work with a full time schedule and lots of overtime.
- We focus heavily on hiring truck drivers for permanent driving positions.
We work only with the most reputable companies that offer great benefits and treat their drivers as part of the team, not just a number. We are unlike any staffing agency you've ever experienced. We work with some of the biggest names in the business and have the connections to get you in front of hiring managers at top companies so they are aware of you and your skills at the time they want to hire because to get a good job, its all about who you know and we have the connections for you.
"Called a few months before I relocated. Spoke to The Transportation Guys about positions in San Jose/ Gilroy. They told me about some good jobs. Explained how I would need to be present as the process could go quick. She offered to send my file & application to the hiring manager. They were interested in interview when I got to town form out of state. All went according to plan, moving truck delivered our stuff, I had interview and drug screen and was working within days. Couldn’t have asked for a better transition. I appreciate it all." - Rick W... San Jose, CA, 10/2016
Don’t just take our word for it, though. Here’s countless testimonials from drivers just like you.
This is a Lease-to-Hire position, with a full time schedule. If you are looking for temporary or seasonal work, this is not the job for you. You will be shuttling trailers, making 1-2 turns a night. This position requires a doubles endorsement!
Daily duties include:
- You will play an important role in the farm-to-family goal of one of FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies by making shuttle deliveries of natural, organic, and specialty food and products on time, efficiently, and in a friendly manner.
- This is a full time position and you will be working 5 days a week, allowing for a good amount of work, as well as home time.
- You will be pulling 28' reefer trailers.
- You will be shuttling trailers back and forth from Gilroy to Reed, dropping trailers off and turning back.
- Each day, you will perform and log thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and upon completion of route, check in returns to supervisor.
- You will enjoy working independently, quickly and efficiently, and will do what it takes to get the job done, while observing company policies and DOT safety regulations.
Salary and Benefits:
- Pay starting at $22.50/hr, overtime after 10 hours.
Comprehensive descriptions of each benefit listed below can be obtained when you contact us to apply for this position.
Health and Wellness:
- Medical: We provide comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, offered through United Healthcare, in conjunction with our company sponsored wellness program.
- Dental:Choose between two comprehensive PPO dental plans through Delta Dental.
- Vision: Vision Service Plan (VSP) Benefits are available on a voluntary basis for you and your eligible dependents, and includes benefits for eye exams, lenses, frames and contact lenses.
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- 401(k): Offered to associates through Fidelity Investments, we provide a 401k plan with a generous matching contribution of $.50 on the every dollar you save up to 8%.
- Life Insurance and AD&D: We provide Basic Life and Accident Insurance for eligible associates – at no cost to you – plus the option of buying additional Supplemental Life and Accident for you and your family through payroll deductions.
- Short Term Disability (STD): Provides income replacement of up to 66 2/3% of your weekly base salary up to a maximum weekly payment of $1,200 for a maximum of 26 weeks.
- Long Term Disability (LTD): Provides income replacement of up to 60% of your monthly base salary up to a maximum of $10,000 per month until the earlier of you are no longer disabled or attain age 65.
Work Life Balance:
- Wellness Portal
- Hybrid Vehicle Incentive Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Events
- Company Volunteer Opportunities
- Corporate Giving
- Estate Guidance
- Travel Assistance
- Associate Relief Fund
The candidate we are looking for has integrity, good judgement, and honesty.
Good customer service skills are a MUST, as you will be the face of the company and who customers see every day. If a customer has a request or any returns, we take the time to satisfy their request.
- Minimum of 1 year truck driving experience within the last 2 years.
- Class A Drivers License with Doubles endorsement
- No more than 2 points on DMV record.
- Minimum 22 years of age.
- All job offers will be contingent on you passing a drug screen and criminal background check.
We are a drug free workplace.
To Apply, Upload Your Resume Below
Type in your Phone Number for the fastest response to your resume, and please call us at (844) 300-1559 if you have any questions or need any help.
After you upload your resume, one of our Truck Driver specialists will contact you within one day to review your resume, complete your application and schedule your initial interview with us.
If this position is not a good fit for you and you would like to learn about others we are looking to fill with someone with your experience and needs, please call us at (844) 300-1559.
What one of our other drivers have to say:
"I was in the South Bay area. Relocating to the San Jose area. Saw an advertised position with the Transportation Guys for local work. Wasn’t sure how the process would go, if I would have a direct person of contact to work with or if I was going to always be communicating with someone new. I never used a staffing company. Relatively new to the Class A trucking world the past year or so. The recruiter was really good at satisfying all my questions, assuring me I could start the process before my move, get approved and work towards interview/drug screen prior to my relocation. Everything worked out beautifully, the job description was exactly how it was explained to me over the phone. We set a “start date” and that stayed accurate as promised. I have been working with the company for several weeks now and very pleased with the results. I told the recruiter outside of my girlfriend she has been the nicest, positive, most pleasant person to me. It has been a real pleasure working with everyone on their end." - Victor M... San Jose, CA , 08/2016
Some of The Companies We've Worked With
Aci Distribution Auto Glass • Interstate Oil Company • United Natural Foods • Vitro America, Inc. • Tecon Enterprises • Southwest Traders • Service Partners • Universal Recovery Corporation • Tony’s Fine Foods, Inc. Sierra Northern Railway • Kh Johnson & Associations • Java City • Leer West • Synergy Events • Scp Distributors Llc • Us Green Fiber, Llc • Simonton Windows • Southern Wine & Spirits Of America Inc. • Rh Dick Product Sign Supplies • Plastic Package, Inc. • Sacramento Wire Rope & Supply • Truck Accessories Group, Llc • Liberty Safes Of Sacramento • Pacific Paper Tube Inc • Pacific Housing, Inc. • United Cerebral Palsy Association • Omni Duct Systems • Glasscraft • Fence Supply Company • Hartung Glass • Cadco Rigging Products • Mast Hydrostatic Testing, Inc. • Phantom Fireworks • Uc Davis Medical Center • City Drayage • Adams Pool Specialties • Interstate Oil Company • Harding Glass • Ray Cammack “Shows Inc” • General Truss • Cts Advantage • Adams, Evens & Ross • Boales Investments, Inc. • Ibf Group • Hanswanger Mirror • Mobile Storage Group, Inc. • American Poly-Foam Co, Inc. • Northern Distribution Llc • Car Wash Technology • Kh Johnson & Associations Hanswanger Glass • Angel Warehouse, Inc. • Cal-Steam A Wolseley Company • Advanced Disposal • Nor-Cal Produce Inc • Hfs North America, Llc
Cameron Blvd, Gilroy, California 95020 USA