Class A or B Delivery Truck Driver - CDL Delivery Driver - Bobtail Driver
City/State: Berkeley, CA
We are hiring for full time Route Drivers to deliver grocery products by way of a bobtail to grocery stores, supermarkets, mom and pop shops, etc. for one of the country’s largest organic food distributors, making farm-to-family a reality. This is a long-term, full-time position. If you are looking to work 40 hours or less a week, this is not the job for you. This position requires a Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with experience.
This position starts at $22.50/hr depending on experience. There is an extensive benefits package offered to ensure that our drivers get the best health insurance and incentives programs like our "Work Life Balance" program that help ease the cost of living for drivers and their families. A full list of benefits can be found below.
Why Use The Transportation Guys:
"Superb Help & Attention & Patience and answering my questions and your understanding with everything I got to do here to relocate, you are Fantastic, thanks these last few weeks in getting me work there. You all are great there at the Transportation Guys very Courteous & Professionals, you won’t be disappointed. Much Thanks!" - Anthony M... San Jose, CA, 7/2016
The Transportation Guys main objective is to get you a local driving job for a company YOU want to work for, whether you are currently working or unemployed, and we work with hundreds of Trucking Companies, Private Fleets, and Third Party Logistic Carriers to do so. We know it’s not just about getting a job. It’s about people. It’s about taking care of and being with the ones you love. Because of this:
- We connect safe drivers to great companies with top pay, great benefits packages and quality equipment.
- Our Local CDL truck drivers enjoy steady work with a full time schedule and lots of overtime.
- We focus heavily on hiring truck drivers for permanent driving positions.
We work only with the most reputable companies that offer great benefits and treat their drivers as part of the team, not just a number. We are unlike any staffing agency you've ever experienced. We work with some of the biggest names in the business and have the connections to get you into the right job for you.
Don’t just take our word for it, though. Here’s countless testimonials from drivers just like you.
- You will play an important role in the farm-to-family goal of one of FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies by making route deliveries of natural, organic, and specialty food and products to local stores on time, efficiently, and in a friendly manner.
- This is a full time position, and you will be working 5-6 days a week, with rotating Saturday work days, allowing for a good amount of work, as well as home time.
- You will be driving a bobtail, making 8-12 stops a day.
- Upon delivery, you will be responsible for checking the unloaded product, as well as obtaining any required signatures.
- Each day, you will perform and log thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and upon completion of route, check in returns to supervisor.
- You will enjoy working independently, quickly and efficiently, and will do what it takes to get the job done, while observing company policies and DOT safety regulations.
Salary and Benefits:
- Pay at $22.50/hr.
Comprehensive descriptions of each benefit listed below can be obtained when you contact us to apply for this position.
Health and Wellness:
- Medical: We provide comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, offered through United Healthcare, in conjunction with our company sponsored wellness program.
- Dental:Choose between two comprehensive PPO dental plans through Delta Dental.
- Vision: Vision Service Plan (VSP) Benefits are available on a voluntary basis for you and your eligible dependents, and includes benefits for eye exams, lenses, frames and contact lenses.
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- 401(k): Offered to associates through Fidelity Investments, we provide a 401k plan with a generous matching contribution of $.50 on the every dollar you save up to 8%.
- Life Insurance and AD&D: We provide Basic Life and Accident Insurance for eligible associates – at no cost to you – plus the option of buying additional Supplemental Life and Accident for you and your family through payroll deductions.
- Short Term Disability (STD): Provides income replacement of up to 66 2/3% of your weekly base salary up to a maximum weekly payment of $1,200 for a maximum of 26 weeks.
- Long Term Disability (LTD): Provides income replacement of up to 60% of your monthly base salary up to a maximum of $10,000 per month until the earlier of you are no longer disabled or attain age 65.
Work Life Balance:
- Wellness Portal
- Hybrid Vehicle Incentive Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Events
- Company Volunteer Opportunities
- Corporate Giving
- Estate Guidance
- Travel Assistance
- Associate Relief Fund
Good customer service skills are a MUST, as you will be the face of the company and who customers see every day. If a customer has a request or any returns, we take the time to satisfy their request.
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Drivers License
- Minimum of 1 year truck driving experience within the last 2 years, route experience preferred.
- No more than 2 points on DMV record.
- Minimum 22 years of age.
- Able to pass a drug screen and a background check.
- Working Conditions:Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations.
- Physical Requirements:Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy work: requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 65 pounds.
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
To Apply, Upload Your Resume Below
Type in your Phone Number for the fastest response to your resume, and please call us at (844) 300-1559 if you have any questions or need any help.
After you upload your resume, one of our Truck Driver specialists will contact you within one day to review your resume, complete your application and schedule your initial interview with us.
If this position is not a good fit for you and you would like to learn about others we are looking to fill with someone with your experience and needs, please call us at (844) 300-1559.
What one of our other drivers has to say:
"Good overall experience. I got to work pretty quickly, within a week. Working with Robyn was awesome. The whole process of applying to The Transportation Guys and getting jobs went smooth and I was very happy about that." - Damin R... Gilroy, CA, 6/2016
Some of The Companies We've Worked With
Aci Distribution Auto Glass • Interstate Oil Company • United Natural Foods • Vitro America, Inc. • Tecon Enterprises • Southwest Traders • Service Partners • Universal Recovery Corporation • Tony’s Fine Foods, Inc. Sierra Northern Railway • Kh Johnson & Associations • Java City • Leer West • Synergy Events • Scp Distributors Llc • Us Green Fiber, Llc • Simonton Windows • Southern Wine & Spirits Of America Inc. • Rh Dick Product Sign Supplies • Plastic Package, Inc. • Sacramento Wire Rope & Supply • Truck Accessories Group, Llc • Liberty Safes Of Sacramento • Pacific Paper Tube Inc • Pacific Housing, Inc. • United Cerebral Palsy Association • Omni Duct Systems • Glasscraft • Fence Supply Company • Hartung Glass • Cadco Rigging Products • Mast Hydrostatic Testing, Inc. • Phantom Fireworks • Uc Davis Medical Center • City Drayage • Adams Pool Specialties • Interstate Oil Company • Harding Glass • Ray Cammack “Shows Inc” • General Truss • Cts Advantage • Adams, Evens & Ross • Boales Investments, Inc. • Ibf Group • Hanswanger Mirror • Mobile Storage Group, Inc. • American Poly-Foam Co, Inc. • Northern Distribution Llc • Car Wash Technology • Kh Johnson & Associations Hanswanger Glass • Angel Warehouse, Inc. • Cal-Steam A Wolseley Company • Advanced Disposal • Nor-Cal Produce Inc • Hfs North America, Llc