Entry Level Class A or Class B Delivery Truck Driver - Local CDL Delivery Driver
City/State: Sacramento, CA
We are hiring for full time local Class A or Class B Truck Drivers to deliver grocery products by way of a bobtail to grocery stores, supermarkets, mom and pop shops, etc. for one of the country’s largest organic food distributors, making farm-to-family a reality. This is a long-term, full-time local position. If you are looking to work 40 hours or less a week, this is not the job for you. This position requires an entry level Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License.
This local entry level position starts at $16.25/hr with overtime. There is an extensive benefits package offered to ensure that our drivers get the best health insurance and incentives programs like our "Work Life Balance" program that help ease the cost of living for drivers and their families. A full list of benefits can be found below.
Why Use The Transportation Guys:
"Thank you for the opportunity to work for your company. It was close to my home and what I wanted in pay. I thank you for allowing me to come in the office to do paper work and get everything handled there. I don’t understand all the papers so it was nice to ask questions. I am excited to start work with the company." - Andrey P... Sacramento, CA, 10/2016
We work only with the most reputable companies that offer great benefits and treat their drivers as part of the team, not just a number. We are unlike any staffing agency you've ever experienced. We work with some of the biggest names in the business and have the connections to get you into the right job for you.
The Transportation Guys main objective is to get you a local driving job for a company YOU want to work for, whether you are currently working or unemployed, and we work with hundreds of Trucking Companies, Private Fleets, and Third Party Logistic Carriers to do so. We know it’s not just about getting a job. It’s about people. It’s about taking care of and being with the ones you love. Because of this:
- We connect safe drivers to great companies with top pay, great benefits packages and quality equipment.
- Our Local CDL truck drivers enjoy steady work with a full time schedule and lots of overtime.
- We focus heavily on hiring truck drivers for permanent driving positions.
Don’t just take our word for it, though. Here’s countless testimonials from drivers just like you.
- You will play an important role in the farm-to-family goal of one of FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies by making route deliveries of natural, organic, and specialty food and products to local stores on time, efficiently, and in a friendly manner.
- This is a full time local position, and you will be working 5-6 days a week, with rotating Saturday work days, allowing for a good amount of work, as well as home time.
- You will be driving a bobtail, making 8-12 stops a day.
- Upon delivery, you will be responsible for checking the unloaded product, as well as obtaining any required signatures.
- Each day, you will perform and log thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and upon completion of route, check in returns to supervisor.
- You will enjoy working independently, quickly and efficiently, and will do what it takes to get the job done, while observing company policies and DOT safety regulations.
Salary and Benefits:
- Pay starting at $16.25/hr with overtime.
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
Good customer service skills are a MUST, as you will be the face of the company and who customers see every day. If a customer has a request or any returns, we take the time to satisfy their request.
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Drivers License
- Minimum of 1 year truck driving experience within the last 2 years, route experience preferred.
- No more than 2 points on DMV record.
- Minimum 22 years of age.
- Able to pass a drug screen and a background check.
To Apply, Upload Your Resume Below
Type in your Phone Number for the fastest response to your resume, and please call us at (844) 300-1559 if you have any questions or need any help.
After you upload your resume, one of our Truck Driver specialists will contact you within one day to review your resume, complete your application and schedule your initial interview with us.
If this position is not a good fit for you and you would like to learn about others we are looking to fill with someone with your experience and needs, please call us at (844) 300-1559.
What one of our other drivers has to say:
"Previous experience with staffing companies, being fudged around in dead end positions. It was very exciting to hear what the Transportation Guys had to offer. The women on the phone are so nice and very interested. They actually find pleasure in assisting in the hiring process. So many times you talk to someone on the phone who seems so miserable on the other end and you’re like no thanks, why would I want to work with you guys? YOU sound miserable. Not a good sales pitch! I made a few twist and turns on the employment path. But they led me here and HERE is a good place to be." - Shawn E... Sacramento, CA, 09/2016
Some of The Companies We've Worked With
Aci Distribution Auto Glass • Interstate Oil Company • United Natural Foods • Vitro America, Inc. • Tecon Enterprises • Southwest Traders • Service Partners • Universal Recovery Corporation • Tony’s Fine Foods, Inc. Sierra Northern Railway • Kh Johnson & Associations • Java City • Leer West • Synergy Events • Scp Distributors Llc • Us Green Fiber, Llc • Simonton Windows • Southern Wine & Spirits Of America Inc. • Rh Dick Product Sign Supplies • Plastic Package, Inc. • Sacramento Wire Rope & Supply • Truck Accessories Group, Llc • Liberty Safes Of Sacramento • Pacific Paper Tube Inc • Pacific Housing, Inc. • United Cerebral Palsy Association • Omni Duct Systems • Glasscraft • Fence Supply Company • Hartung Glass • Cadco Rigging Products • Mast Hydrostatic Testing, Inc. • Phantom Fireworks • Uc Davis Medical Center • City Drayage • Adams Pool Specialties • Interstate Oil Company • Harding Glass • Ray Cammack “Shows Inc” • General Truss • Cts Advantage • Adams, Evens & Ross • Boales Investments, Inc. • Ibf Group • Hanswanger Mirror • Mobile Storage Group, Inc. • American Poly-Foam Co, Inc. • Northern Distribution Llc • Car Wash Technology • Kh Johnson & Associations Hanswanger Glass • Angel Warehouse, Inc. • Cal-Steam A Wolseley Company • Advanced Disposal • Nor-Cal Produce Inc • Hfs North America, Llc