Delivery Truck Drivers - Local Grocery Delivery Driver
City/State: Redding, CA
We are hiring for full time Route Truck Drivers to deliver grocery products by way of a 53’ reefer trailer with a liftgate to grocery stores, supermarkets, mom and pop shops, etc. for one of the country’s largest organic food distributors, making farm-to-family a reality. This is a full time, long term trucking position. This trucking position offers you base pay starting at $21.00/hr. A full list of benefits can be found below.
Why Use The Transportation Guys:
We know it’s not just about getting a job. It’s about people. It’s about taking care of and being with the ones you love. Because of this:
- We connect safe truck drivers to great companies with top pay, great benefits packages and quality equipment.
- Our Local CDL truck drivers enjoy steady work with a full time schedule and lots of overtime.
- We focus heavily on hiring truck drivers for permanent truck driving positions.
We work only with the most reputable companies that offer great benefits and treat their trucks drivers as part of the team, not just a number. We are unlike any staffing agency you've ever experienced. We work with some of the biggest names in the business and have the connections to get you into the right job for you.
"The Transportation Guys is a wonderful Organization that is highly organized and skilled at what they do. Bridge work for not only for the truck operator but a major connection for the employer who are on the hunt for quality drivers. When both meet through The Transportation Guys, you do not have to wonder why there is such a good fit. There tops on both sides of the fence period. A specialist can customize your needs long term or short. Why not let their team of experts do a full court press for you! They will not only keep you in the game but help you win it." - Maurice B... Vallejo, CA, 8/2016
Don’t just take our word for it, though. Here’s countless testimonials from transportation drivers just like you.
- You will play an important role in the farm-to-family goal of one of FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies by making route delivery of natural, organic, and specialty food and products to local stores on time, efficiently, and in a friendly manner.
- This is a full time delivery driver position with early morning starts, and you will be working 5 days a week, allowing for a good amount of work, as well as home time.
- You will be pulling a 53' reefer trailer with a liftgate.
- About 75% of the freight is palletized, 25% of the freight will need to be broken down, for which you will be provided an electric pallet jack.
- Upon delivery, you will be responsible for checking the unloaded product, as well as obtaining any required signatures.
- Each day, you will perform and log thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and upon completion of route, check in returns to supervisor.
- You will enjoy working independently, quickly and efficiently, and will do what it takes to get the job done, while observing company policies and DOT safety regulations.
Salary and Benefits:
- Pay starting at $21.00/hr.
- You will get your first raise of 50¢ per hour after 6 months with the company, $1.00 raise after 1 year with the company, and it goes up from there
Comprehensive descriptions of each benefit listed below can be obtained when you contact us to apply for this position.
Health and Wellness:
- Medical: We provide comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, offered through United Healthcare, in conjunction with our company sponsored wellness program.
- Dental: Choose between two comprehensive PPO dental plans through Delta Dental.
- Vision: Vision Service Plan (VSP) Benefits are available on a voluntary basis for you and your eligible dependents, and includes benefits for eye exams, lenses, frames and contact lenses.
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- 401(k): Offered to associates through Fidelity Investments, we provide a 401k plan with a generous matching contribution of $.50 on the every dollar you save up to 8%.
- Life Insurance and AD&D: We provide Basic Life and Accident Insurance for eligible associates – at no cost to you – plus the option of buying additional Supplemental Life and Accident for you and your family through payroll deductions.
- Short Term Disability (STD): Provides income replacement of up to 66 2/3% of your weekly base salary up to a maximum weekly payment of $1,200 for a maximum of 26 weeks.
- Long Term Disability (LTD): Provides income replacement of up to 60% of your monthly base salary up to a maximum of $10,000 per month until the earlier of you are no longer disabled or attain age 65.
Work Life Balance:
- Wellness Portal
- Hybrid Vehicle Incentive Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Events
- Company Volunteer Opportunities
- Corporate Giving
- Estate Guidance
- Travel Assistance
- Associate Relief Fund
Good customer service skills are a MUST, as you will be the face of the company and who customers see every day. If a customer has a request or any returns, we take the time to satisfy their request.
- Minimum of 1 year transportation driving experience within the last 2 years, route delivery experience preferred.
- No more than 2 points on DMV record.
- Minimum 22 years of age.
- Able to pass a drug screen and a background check.
- Working Conditions: Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations.
- Physical Requirements: Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy work: requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 65 pounds.
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
To Apply, Upload Your Resume Below
Type in your Phone Number for the fastest response to your resume, and please call us at (916) 760-7069 if you have any questions or need any help.
After you upload your resume, one of our Truck Driver specialists will contact you within one day to review your resume, complete your application and schedule your initial interview with us.
If this position is not a good fit for you and you would like to learn about others we are looking to fill with someone with your experience and needs, please call us at (916) 760-7069.
What one of our other drivers has to say:
"I have worked with staffing companies in the past, I have worked with one of your co workers in the past and I like her. She always had work for me at the other company. She left and I didn’t have full time work. I didn’t know where she went. I called The Transportation Guys and a recruiter sent me an application. I came to the office to bring in my documents and I saw my old co-worker and I met the recruiter I was dealing with. I just had interview and I am working as a tanker driver now." - Sullay D... Sacramento, CA, 8/2016
Some of The Companies We've Worked With
Aci Distribution Auto Glass • Interstate Oil Company • United Natural Foods • Vitro America, Inc. • Tecon Enterprises • Southwest Traders • Service Partners • Universal Recovery Corporation • Tony’s Fine Foods, Inc. Sierra Northern Railway • Kh Johnson & Associations • Java City • Leer West • Synergy Events • Scp Distributors Llc • Us Green Fiber, Llc • Simonton Windows • Southern Wine & Spirits Of America Inc. • Rh Dick Product Sign Supplies • Plastic Package, Inc. • Sacramento Wire Rope & Supply • Truck Accessories Group, Llc • Liberty Safes Of Sacramento • Pacific Paper Tube Inc • Pacific Housing, Inc. • United Cerebral Palsy Association • Omni Duct Systems • Glasscraft • Fence Supply Company • Hartung Glass • Cadco Rigging Products • Mast Hydrostatic Testing, Inc. • Phantom Fireworks • Uc Davis Medical Center • City Drayage • Adams Pool Specialties • Interstate Oil Company • Harding Glass • Ray Cammack “Shows Inc” • General Truss • Cts Advantage • Adams, Evens & Ross • Boales Investments, Inc. • Ibf Group • Hanswanger Mirror • Mobile Storage Group, Inc. • American Poly-Foam Co, Inc. • Northern Distribution Llc • Car Wash Technology • Kh Johnson & Associations Hanswanger Glass • Angel Warehouse, Inc. • Cal-Steam A Wolseley Company • Advanced Disposal • Nor-Cal Produce Inc • Hfs North America, Llc