$25.00 an hour straight time only
Day shift available
We are hiring for Local Class A Hazmat Truck Drivers for a reputable recycling company. This is a full time, long term position. You will be working early mornings Monday - Friday, 8-12 hours a day.
This positions wage starts at $25/hr, that's an average wage of around $1000.00 - $1,200.00 a week.
- There is an extensive benefits package offered to ensure that our drivers get the best health insurance and incentives programs that help ease the cost of living for drivers and their families.
- Company pays 50% of Medical & Dental for you and your family, that is worth over $1000.00 per month or $10,00.00 a year.
- 401K with a dollar for dollar match up to 3% of your income. That’s an extra $1,000.00 to $1,800.00 a year from the company. Got to love the free money.
A full list of benefits can be found below.
All newly hire team members will go through paid training on company processes and paperwork. The yard is in the local market served. Ensuring all drivers will be home every night and Operations Supervisors are conveniently stationed close by the customer’s business location.
Why Use The Transportation Guys:
The Transportation Guys main objective is to get you a local driving job for a company YOU want to work for, whether you are currently working or unemployed, and we work with hundreds of Trucking Companies, Private Fleets, and Third Party Logistic Carriers to do so. We know it’s not just about getting a job. It’s about people. It’s about taking care of and being with the ones you love. Because of this:
- We connect safe drivers to great companies with top pay, great benefits packages and quality equipment.
- Our Local CDL truck drivers enjoy steady work with a full time schedule and lots of overtime.
- We specialize in hiring truck drivers for permanent driving positions at the companies we represent.
We work only with the most reputable companies that offer great benefits and treat their drivers as part of the team, not just a number. We are unlike any recruiting or staffing agency you've ever experienced.
We work with some of the biggest names in the business and have the connections to get you in front of hiring managers at top companies so they are aware of you and your skills at the time they want to hire because to get a good job, its all about who you know and we have the connections for you.
"I was encouraged to contact the Transportation Guys prior to employment With the company I am affiliated with now. Still fulfilling my hours required, Work through the Transportation Guys has been very steady. Currently servicing A local driving route in Reno, looking forward to becoming a permanent position. Everyone at the Transportation Guys have been helpful on the phones, with payroll, And keeping open lines of communication." - James B… Reno, NV, 09/2015
Don’t just take our word for it, though. Here’s countless testimonials from drivers just like you.
This is a Lease-to-Hire position, with a full-time schedule. If you are looking for temporary or seasonal work, this is not the job for you.
- This is a full-time position and you will be working Monday - Friday, allowing for a good amount of work, as well as home time. Averaging around 40-55 hours a week.
- You will be driving from Reno, NV to Tracy, CA or the Bay Area picking up recyclables.
- You will be provided a forklift and pallet jack or drum dolly to help with moving product in the truck.
- Each day, you will perform and log thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- You will enjoy working independently, quickly and efficiently, and will do what it takes to get the job done, while observing company policies and DOT safety regulations.
Pay and Benefits:
The wage starts at $25/hr. straight time only. Average wage is around $1000.00-$1,200.00 a week.
- Medical & Dental, Company pays 50% for you and your family, that right there is worth over $1000.00 per month or $10,00.00 a year.
- 401(k) with a dollar for dollar match up to 3% of your income, that’s an extra $1,000.00 to $1,800.00 a year from the company.
- Profit Sharing plan where you are 100% vested in 5 years.
- 1 weeks’ vacation the first year, and 6 paid holidays, that is an additional 2 weeks’ pay, around $2,000.00.
- Paid Time Off: The company understands things in life come up that are out of your control, so they give you 3 call in days for those times when you need to handle personal business. That’s an additional $550.00 - $600.00 in compensation for you.
- Minimum of 1-year truck driving experience within the last 2 years.
- Class A Driver’s License with Hazmat Endorsement.
- Must have Snow & Ice and Chaining Experience.
- No more than 2 points on DMV record.
- Minimum 22 years of age.
- All job offers will be contingent on you passing a drug screen and criminal background check.
We are a drug free workplace.
The candidate we are looking for has integrity, good judgement, and honesty.
Or Upload Your Resume Below
After you upload your resume, one of our Truck Driver specialists will contact you within one day to review your resume, complete your application and schedule your initial interview with us.
If this position is not a good fit for you and you would like to learn about others we are looking to fill with someone with your experience and needs, please call us at (844) 300-1559.
What one of our other drivers have to say:
"Everything I encountered with the Transportation Guys was very satisfactory! Mr. Jack and Robyn were so friendly and easy to talk to. They went above and beyond answering any questions I had, and really walked me through this process. The attention to drivers and job placement was so encouraging. They blew me away how quickly they were able to piece things together. I can’t express how grateful I am for what they have done for me. I was out of work for 6 mos! I had 3 years of driving experience but nothing was working out for me. I was so impressed with how well rounded and put together the company was. They’re honesty and well outlined job description was exactly what I expected. I’m so pleased to have been given this opportunity. I am now employed full time, and hopeful this will be a long career for me!" - Ben R... Grass Valley, CA, 09/2015
Some of The Companies We've Worked With
Aci Distribution Auto Glass • Interstate Oil Company • United Natural Foods • Vitro America, Inc. • Tecon Enterprises • Southwest Traders • Service Partners • Universal Recovery Corporation • Tony’s Fine Foods, Inc. Sierra Northern Railway • Kh Johnson & Associations • Java City • Leer West • Synergy Events • Scp Distributors Llc • Us Green Fiber, Llc • Simonton Windows • Southern Wine & Spirits Of America Inc. • Rh Dick Product Sign Supplies • Plastic Package, Inc. • Sacramento Wire Rope & Supply • Truck Accessories Group, Llc • Liberty Safes Of Sacramento • Pacific Paper Tube Inc • Pacific Housing, Inc. • United Cerebral Palsy Association • Omni Duct Systems • Glasscraft • Fence Supply Company • Hartung Glass • Cadco Rigging Products • Mast Hydrostatic Testing, Inc. • Phantom Fireworks • Uc Davis Medical Center • City Drayage • Adams Pool Specialties • Interstate Oil Company • Harding Glass • Ray Cammack “Shows Inc” • General Truss • Cts Advantage • Adams, Evens & Ross • Boales Investments, Inc. • Ibf Group • Hanswanger Mirror • Mobile Storage Group, Inc. • American Poly-Foam Co, Inc. • Northern Distribution Llc • Car Wash Technology • Kh Johnson & Associations Hanswanger Glass • Angel Warehouse, Inc. • Cal-Steam A Wolseley Company • Advanced Disposal • Nor-Cal Produce Inc • Hfs North America, Llc