Local Delivery Driver - Class A CDL Truck Driver
City/State: Richmond, CA
We are hiring for full time Class A Delivery Truck Drivers to deliver packaging materials by way of a 53’ trailer to customers. This is a full time, long term position. This position offers you base pay starting at $22.00 - $23.00/hr depending on experience. There is an extensive benefits package offered to ensure that our drivers get the best health insurance that help ease the cost of living for drivers and their families. A full list of benefits can be found below.
If you are a truck driver who is interested in driving full time for a high quality company, earning top pay and great benefits, while operating excellent equipment, and building a long term, permanent career, The Transportation Guys wants to talk to you.
For over 15 years, The Transportation Guys has been building relationships with industry-leading trucking companies, private fleets, and third party logistics carriers throughout the western United States and parts of Canada, allowing us to offer drivers like you positions you cannot find anywhere else, with only the best companies.
We have exclusive access to jobs from hundreds of reputable companies, with new jobs that you can’t find anywhere else becoming available every day. Each company we work with is fully vetted, in terms of their safety standards and financial health, and we are very selective in this process, turning away 80% of companies, because they simply do not live up to the standards we offer our drivers. When you are hired through The Transportation Guys, you can expect only the best pay, benefits, and equipment, because we are dedicated to getting you on the road to success with a company you will love working with, not for.
Don’t just take our word for it, though. Here’s countless testimonials from drivers just like you, including this quote from Manuel M. of Berkeley, CA:
“I had a couple interviews, the Transportation Guys have been sending my application to several clients. I took a position I am very happy about. The wage is excellent, the commute is so close to where I live. Everyone was nice and professional and good energy in the office. I’m happy about the new opportunity.
- You will be making deliveries of packaging materials efficiently, and in a friendly manner.
- This is a full time position, starting in the early mornings, and you will be working 5 days a week, allowing for a good amount of work, as well as home time.
- You will be pulling a 53' trailer, making 1-5 stops a day.
- You will be provided a pallet jack or hand truck.
- Customer service and timely deliveries are an integral part of this position.
- Upon delivery, you will be responsible for checking the unloaded product, as well as obtaining any required signatures.
- Each day, you will perform and log thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and upon completion of route, check in returns to supervisor.
- You will enjoy working independently, quickly and efficiently, and will do what it takes to get the job done, while observing company policies and DOT safety regulations.
Salary and Benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- 1 week vacation the first year
- Sick Days and Paid Holidays
This Class A Delivery Truck Driver position starts at $22.00 - $23.00/hr with overtime.
- Valid Class A drivers license
- Minimum of 1 year truck driving experience within the last 2 years, route experience preferred.
- No more than 2 points on DMV record.
- Minimum 22 years of age.
- Able to pass a drug screen and a background check.
- Good customer service skills are a MUST
To Apply, Upload Your Resume Below
Type in your Phone Number for the fastest response to your resume, and please call us at (916) 760-7069 if you have any questions or need any help.
After you upload your resume, one of our Truck Driver specialists will contact you within one day to review your resume, complete your application and schedule your initial interview with us.
If this position is not a good fit for you and you would like to learn about others we are looking to fill with someone with your experience and needs, please call us at (916) 760-7069.
What one of our other drivers has to say:
"Overall experience was easy and terrific, I had never used a staffing company before. It was a great experience for using my first staffing company. I went to work within a week and was very happy about that. Robyn was great, she returned phone calls in a timely manner and was on top of things with me." - Jeff W… San Jose, CA, 6/2016
Some of The Companies We've Worked With
Aci Distribution Auto Glass • Interstate Oil Company • United Natural Foods • Vitro America, Inc. • Tecon Enterprises • Southwest Traders • Service Partners • Universal Recovery Corporation • Tony’s Fine Foods, Inc. Sierra Northern Railway • Kh Johnson & Associations • Java City • Leer West • Synergy Events • Scp Distributors Llc • Us Green Fiber, Llc • Simonton Windows • Southern Wine & Spirits Of America Inc. • Rh Dick Product Sign Supplies • Plastic Package, Inc. • Sacramento Wire Rope & Supply • Truck Accessories Group, Llc • Liberty Safes Of Sacramento • Pacific Paper Tube Inc • Pacific Housing, Inc. • United Cerebral Palsy Association • Omni Duct Systems • Glasscraft • Fence Supply Company • Hartung Glass • Cadco Rigging Products • Mast Hydrostatic Testing, Inc. • Phantom Fireworks • Uc Davis Medical Center • City Drayage • Adams Pool Specialties • Interstate Oil Company • Harding Glass • Ray Cammack “Shows Inc” • General Truss • Cts Advantage • Adams, Evens & Ross • Boales Investments, Inc. • Ibf Group • Hanswanger Mirror • Mobile Storage Group, Inc. • American Poly-Foam Co, Inc. • Northern Distribution Llc • Car Wash Technology • Kh Johnson & Associations Hanswanger Glass • Angel Warehouse, Inc. • Cal-Steam A Wolseley Company • Advanced Disposal • Nor-Cal Produce Inc • Hfs North America, Llc