Local Grocery Delivery Driver - Class A CDL Driver - $20+/hr
City/State: Dixon, CA
We are hiring for full time Delivery Truck Drivers to deliver food products by way of a 53’ reefer trailer to schools. This is a full time, long term position. This position offers you base pay starting at $20.00/hr. There is an extensive benefits package offered to ensure that our drivers get the best health insurance that help ease the cost of living for drivers and their families. A full list of benefits can be found below.
Why Use The Transportation Guys:
The Transportation Guys main objective is to get you a local driving job for a company YOU want to work for, whether you are currently working or unemployed, and we work with hundreds of Trucking Companies, Private Fleets, and Third Party Logistic Carriers to do so. We know it’s not just about getting a driving job. It’s about people. It’s about taking care of and being with the ones you love. Because of this:
- We connect safe truck drivers to great trucking companies with top pay, great benefits packages and quality equipment.
- Our Local CDL truck drivers enjoy steady work with a full time schedule and lots of overtime.
- We focus heavily on hiring truck drivers for permanent driving positions.
We work only with the most reputable companies that offer great benefits and treat their drivers as part of the team, not just a number. We are unlike any staffing agency you've ever experienced. We work with some of the biggest names in the trucking business and have the connections to get you into the right job for you.
Don’t just take our word for it, though. Here’s countless testimonials from truck drivers just like you.
- You will be making route deliveries of food products to schools on time, efficiently, and in a friendly manner.
- This is a full time position, starting in the early mornings, and you will be working 5 days a week, allowing for a good amount of work, as well as home time.
- You will be pulling a 53' reefer trailer, making 4-8 stops a day.
- The freight will need to be broken down and delivered, for which you will be provided a pallet jack or hand truck. You will be carrying 10-50 lbs of product.
- You will be dealing with cafeteria workers, not a receiver (remember the cafeteria ladies who served you in middle school? that's who you are dealing with). Customer service and timely deliveries are an integral part of this position.
- Upon delivery, you will be responsible for checking the unloaded product, as well as obtaining any required signatures.
- Each day, you will perform and log thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and upon completion of route, check in returns to supervisor.
- You will enjoy working independently, quickly and efficiently, and will do what it takes to get the job done, while observing company policies and DOT safety regulations.
Salary and Benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- 1 week vacation the first year
- Sick Days and Paid Holidays
This Class A Delivery Truck Driver position starts at $20.00/hr with overtime and doubletime.
Good customer service skills are a MUST, as you will be the face of the company and who customers see every day. If a customer has a request or any returns, we take the time to satisfy their request.
- Minimum of 1 year truck driving experience within the last 2 years, route experience preferred.
- No more than 2 points on DMV record.
- Minimum 22 years of age.
- Able to pass a drug screen and a background check.
- Working Conditions:Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations.
- Physical Requirements:Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy work: requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 65 pounds.
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
To Apply, Upload Your Resume Below
Type in your Phone Number for the fastest response to your resume, and please call us at (916) 760-7069 if you have any questions or need any help.
After you upload your resume, one of our Truck Driver specialists will contact you within one day to review your resume, complete your application and schedule your initial interview with us.
If this position is not a good fit for you and you would like to learn about others we are looking to fill with someone with your experience and needs, please call us at (916) 760-7069.
What one of our other drivers has to say:
"I am so happy I found your company online. I think Robyn and everyone there are so nice! Everything is good, I am happy to have a job through you guys." - Tsegaye H… Sacramento, CA, 09/2015
Some of The Companies We've Worked With
Aci Distribution Auto Glass • Interstate Oil Company • United Natural Foods • Vitro America, Inc. • Tecon Enterprises • Southwest Traders • Service Partners • Universal Recovery Corporation • Tony’s Fine Foods, Inc. Sierra Northern Railway • Kh Johnson & Associations • Java City • Leer West • Synergy Events • Scp Distributors Llc • Us Green Fiber, Llc • Simonton Windows • Southern Wine & Spirits Of America Inc. • Rh Dick Product Sign Supplies • Plastic Package, Inc. • Sacramento Wire Rope & Supply • Truck Accessories Group, Llc • Liberty Safes Of Sacramento • Pacific Paper Tube Inc • Pacific Housing, Inc. • United Cerebral Palsy Association • Omni Duct Systems • Glasscraft • Fence Supply Company • Hartung Glass • Cadco Rigging Products • Mast Hydrostatic Testing, Inc. • Phantom Fireworks • Uc Davis Medical Center • City Drayage • Adams Pool Specialties • Interstate Oil Company • Harding Glass • Ray Cammack “Shows Inc” • General Truss • Cts Advantage • Adams, Evens & Ross • Boales Investments, Inc. • Ibf Group • Hanswanger Mirror • Mobile Storage Group, Inc. • American Poly-Foam Co, Inc. • Northern Distribution Llc • Car Wash Technology • Kh Johnson & Associations Hanswanger Glass • Angel Warehouse, Inc. • Cal-Steam A Wolseley Company • Advanced Disposal • Nor-Cal Produce Inc • Hfs North America, Llc